Want in? SeaWell Networks is seeking skilled high energy team members who are motivated by leading edge technologies, the excitement of a start-up and the company of like-minded entrepreneurs.
Submit your resume for the position below to email@example.com and help us redefine what’s possible for video delivery.
The applicant will be responsible for all systems engineering activities associated with the selling, deployment and technical support of SeaWell software for key customers. Primary responsibilities will be at accounts located in the Denver area. Those responsibilities include solutions architecture, pre- and post-sales support, development of processes for field product support, on-site training, and assisting product management in developing product requirements. This is a customer-facing job that will require some travel.
- Applicant will be designing IP video delivery solution for SeaWell customers, with applications involving Adaptive Bit Rate multiscreen video delivery, ABR repackaging/DRM, management of service bandwidth/QoS and QoE, ad insertion/blackouts and advanced analytics.
- Experience working with Linux based servers including installations, upgrades and network setup
- Good understanding of HTTP protocols, experience with HTTP based video streaming technologies a definite plus
- Strong knowledge of H.264/AVC, ABR streaming and cable/telco video distribution networks from an overall solution perspective
- Ability to collect and analyze network traces using tools like Wireshark and tcpdump
- Ability to write Unix/Linux based scripts and troubleshoot software applications on Linux based systems
- Applicant will be working directly with customers in close partnership with associated Sales
- Applicant will own primary responsibilities in the Denver area at customer locations, but would be expected to travel to customer sites when required. Activities at customer locations include installation and integration of SeaWell software with other vendors’ software/equipment, as well as troubleshooting trial/deployment issues that arise.
- Applicant will be expected to fully document all customer technical activities and may be asked to generate technical product documentation
- Applicant will be expected to provide product feedback to the Product Management and Engineering teams
- Applicant may be required to train customers on SeaWell software solutions.
- College degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and field experience with the following: MPEG-2, MPEG-2 transport streams, AVC/H.246/MPEG-4 ABR formats, and video data networking
- Previous experience in the cable and/or telco video industry
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, well organized, attention to detail
- Candidate will be working directly with customers, requiring excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as a professional appearance.